These resources are for those who are searching for jobs, contemplating a career change, or interested in professional development. Please see our Employment page for openings at the Library.
The Library offers a wide range of resources on job seeking, interview preparation, and writing cover letters and resumes. Please Contact Us for assistance.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics - Occupational Outlook Handbook: Locate information on educational and training requirements, salaries, and hiring trends for a wide variety of careers.
- Career OneStop: Find self-assessment materials and license requirement information.
- O*Net Online: Provides summaries and statistical information on a wide range of occupations and industries.
- AtoZdatabases: Provides information on millions of businesses, professionals, and households; as well as job listings, interview tips, and resume templates. Ideal for sales leads, mailing lists, marketing research, and employment opportunities.
You will probably be asked to provide an active email address when applying for jobs. Creating and using an email account is free. Popular providers include Gmail, Microsoft and Yahoo. Please visit the Library if you need assistance registering for your account.
Resume & Cover Letter Templates
Resume and cover letter templates can be downloaded at no cost from Microsoft’s Office website.
Assistance for Job Seekers
Job Boards & Career Fairs
- LearningExpress Library: Use the Career Center to explore different professions and prepare for entrance exams and occupational tests. You must be an Acorn cardholder to use this service. Please Contact Us with any questions.
- LinkedIn: Showcase your experience and connect with other people in your field. LinkedIn includes expertise-focused discussion groups and a job board.