Acorn Public Library District provides public access to books, digital resources, public programs, and gathering spaces. The Library acts as a vital, inspiring, and responsive center of lifelong learning that meets the educational, recreational, cultural, and informational needs of our diverse community.
- Respect: We are courteous and kind to all of our patrons and to each other.
- Innovation: We anticipate and embrace change in order to respond to the needs of the community.
- A Welcoming Environment: We provide an attractive, safe space for patrons and employees.
- Good Stewardship: We use our resources efficiently, responsibly, and effectively.
- Excellence: We combine our expertise with creativity and passion when serving our patrons.
Please view our Strategic Plan for 2014-2016.
Please Contact Us with any questions about our budget or policies.
You may view the most commonly requested policies below:
Additional policies (pdf):
Pursuant to Illinois Law (Public Act 97-0609), a list of employees whose total compensation package is $75,000 or greater is available for inspection at the Acorn Public Library District's Business Office, located at 15624 Central Avenue, Oak Forest, IL 60452. The office is open during normal Library operating hours from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The phone number is 708-687-3700.