- Computer Classes: We offer a variety of computer classes for different skill levels. Check our calendar for the current schedule. Visit the Circulation Desk or Contact Us with questions.
- Public Computers: Our public computers have Magnifier, which allows you to enlarge items displaying on the screen. We also have a number of widened monitors for improved visibility—including one that is 27 inches.
- Bremen Senior Center - Senior Wheels: The Senior Wheels program offers discounted rides to Bremen Township residents who are 55 and older.
- Bremen Senior Center - Senior Lunches: Senior lunches are available Monday through Friday at 12:00 PM for those who are 60 or older. It is recommended that you make reservations at least one week in advance.
Assistance & Benefits
Tax Assistance & Information
- AARP Foundation Tax-Aide Locator: Find filing assistance from late January/early February through April 15; for people who are 50 and older.
- Cook County Tax Exemptions: Access information pertaining to the Senior Citizen Homestead Exemption, the Senior Citizen Assessment Freeze Exemption, and the Senior Citizen Tax Deferral.
- AARP: Nonprofit organization dedicated to providing information and services for people who are 50 and older.
- Administration on Aging - Eldercare Locator: Obtain information on health topics, finances, and housing options.
- Caring Connections: Provides information on hospice care, as well as power of attorney and living will forms.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Physical Activity: Obtain fitness guidelines for seniors.
- Medicare.gov - Nursing Home Compare: Contains information on staffing and inspections for all Medicare/Medicaid-certified nursing homes.
- National Institute on Aging - Go4Life: Find fitness recommendations, specific exercises, and nutritional information.
- Senior Corps: National volunteer organization for people age 55 and older
- USA.gov: Locate resources on a variety of topics, including health, government benefits, consumer issues, housing, help for veterans and service members, travel, and more.