Food & Shelter
Assistance & Benefits
- Benefits.gov: Use the Benefit Finder to determine if you are eligible for Federal or State government assistance.
- Illinois Department of Human Services: Locate resources for child care, mental health, youths in crisis, and disabilities.
- Illinois Legal Aid: Find legal assistance and learn about rights and responsibilities.
- Legal Assistance Foundation: Provides free legal assistance to residents of Cook County who are living in poverty.
- Trinity Services: Nonprofit organization offering educational, living, and employment services to those with disabilities.
Health & Medical
English as a Second Language (ESL)
The Library has a range of resources on ESL. Please Contact Us for assistance locating them.
Citizenship & Immigration
The Library has a range of books and eBooks on becoming a citizen. Please Contact Us for assistance locating them.
Driver Services & State IDs
Voter Information & Passports